now: Manchester City later :
The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League is set to kick-start with a draw for the Group stage taking place on Thursday at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. The defending champions Liverpool are placed in Pot 1 alongside Chelsea (UEFA Europa League winners), Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Bayern München, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St. Petersburg who all are the respective champions of the leagues across Europe.
A total of 26 teams have qualified for the UCL Group stage directly while six have joined them from the play-offs. The 30 teams will be divided into 8 groups, with 4 teams in each. The teams will be divided into pots before the draw takes place. While the league winners, UCL and UEL holders will be put in Pot 1, the rest of the teams will be divided into pots based on their coefficient rankings.
What are the dates for the UEFA Champions League group stage fixtures?
- Matchday 1: September 17 and 18
- Matchday 2: October 1 and 2
- Matchday 3: October 22 and 23
- Matchday 4: November 5 and 6
- Matchday 5: November 26 and 27
- Matchday 6: December 10 and 11
As the draw is completed, the complete list of group stage fixtures will be announced.
When and what time will the draw take place?
The Champions League group stage draw will be held on Thursday (August 29) at 9:30 PM IST.
Which teams have qualified for the UEFA Champions League 2018-19?
- Spain: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Valencia
- England: Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur
- Italy: Juventus, Napoli, Internazionale Milano, Atalanta
- Germany: Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig
- France: Paris St-Germain, Lyon, LOSC Lille
- Russia: Zenit St. Petersburg, Lokomotiv Moskva
- Portugal: Benfica
- Ukraine: Shakhtar Donetsk
- Belgium: Genk
- Turkey: Galatasaray
- Austria: Salzburg
- Greece: Olympiacos
- Croatia: GNK Dinamo
- Serbia: Crvena Zvezda
Which teams are competing in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers and what are the first-leg results?
The 12 teams involved in the UCL group stage qualifiers have already played their first-leg matches while the second leg matches have were scheduled to take place on August 27 and August 28. Here’s how the results over the two legs have been:
- Olympiacos 4-0 Krasnodar (1st leg) | Krasnodar 1-2 Olympiacos (2nd leg)
- Young Boys 2-2 Red Star Belgrade (1st leg) | Red Star Belgrade 1-1 Young Boys (2nd leg)
- Dinamo Zagreb 2-0 Rosenborg (1st leg) | Rosenborg 1-1 Dinamo Zagreb (2nd leg)
- LASK 0-1 Club Brugge (1st leg) | Club Brugge 2-1 LASK (2nd leg)
- APOEL 0-0 Ajax (1st leg) | Ajax 2-0 APOEL (2nd leg)
- Cluj 0-1 Slavia Prague (1st leg) | Slavia Prague 1-0 Cluj
The draw will be followed by the announcement of UEFA Men’s Player of the Year which has Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Virgil van Dijk in the 3-man shortlist.